Barcelona is a great choice for a city break with kids. There are plenty of things to do in the city. You can fill your days with trips to museums and galleries, fun outings to family attractions or parks and relaxing moments on the beach. Here is our Top Ten Selection:
- Gothic Quarter Walking Tour with Kids: We recommend you to start with a walking tour around Barcelona Gothic Quarter specially designed for kids and families. It will allow you to discover the history and secrets of city’s Gothic Quarter while your children enjoy games, songs and fun along the way!
- Las Golondrinas boat tour: a wooden double decker motor boat that takes you through the Port of Barcelona allowing you to have the city’s skyline from the sea. .
- Colon Statue:
- Palau Güell – Family tours
- The Beach: is a must with children at any time of year. You can typically enjoy the Barcelona beaches from March to October and sometimes even as late as November you might see sunbathers. Either way, the promenade is great for a family stroll at any time of the year.
- The Aquarium: Considered the largest of its kind in Europe and offering an impressive range of marine life is a great choice for a family day out.
- The Maritime Museum: Barcelona is a port city and this is what tells us its beaches, marinas and commercial docks. At this museum you can discover the city of Barcelona’s rich maritime history. You can also combine your ticket to include a visit to the Santa Eulalia Schooner berthed side-to along the Moll de La Fusta. Other Combi ticket options are available for a boat trip on the Golondrinas or entry to the colombus monument.
- The Ciutadella Park: One of the oldest city parks (declared an historic monument in 1951) with over 43 acres of greenery. The park hosts many outdoor events throughout the year including the International Day of the Family in May and an outdoor circus festival during La Merce in September. It is one of the best spots to take children to within the city for the greenery alone. From the park you can also access the Museum of Natural History and Science and the Barcelona Zoo. At the top east end of the lake there is a hugely popular play area, where twice daily your toddlers can enjoy free toys and games in addition to the permanent swings and slides. There is even a sprinkler in the summer which the kids love! 11am-2pm every day and 4.30pm-6.30/7pm from mid September to mid June. 530pm-830pm from mid June to mid September.
- The Zoo: Home to more than 4,000 animals from 400 different species along with dolphin shows, a petting farm and children’s workshops, the zoo is a great way to spend the day with a selection of picnic areas and a fantastic wooden rope and play park for kids. As well as the petting zoo, pony rides are also on offer.
- Montjuic Cable-car to the Castle: Take this coastline cable-car that will bring you up to Montjuic Mountain and Barcelona’s medieval castle for unbeatable panoramic views of Barcelona. There you can enjoy a nice mountain walk, activities for kids in the castle and the Magic Fountains!!
We hope you and your kids will like our selection of places to visit. Do not forget to visit us at Plaça Reial, for a lunch, ice cream or a pic-nic meal. Enjoy your stay.